Killing, My Friend is a co-op shooter in the same vein as games like Left 4 Dead or Call of Duty Zombies but with gameplay and aesthetics similar to our popular Half-Life mod Action Half-Life. Using ‘movie realism’ and stunts of classic 80’s and 90’s action movies, players attempt to survive to the end of the last wave while also competing against their fellow actors to earn the most Fame(points). And to earn Fame the players can perform stunts like dives, slides, rolls, wall running, and more to get bonuses while getting the most stylish kills. And the focus on style extends to both the player models and weapons as well with weapon and costume customization. Killing, My Friend is at its heart a buddy picture like Lethal Weapon. Or perhaps A Better Tomorrow Part II.
· Killing, My Friend features a unique stunt system layered on top of traditional FPS gameplay with combos and bonuses that are easy to do but hard to master.
· Killing, My Friend uses the Unreal Engine 4 and features a more comic or toon style aesthetic.
· All weapons are balanced with every other weapon leaving the player to decide which load-out of weapons and gear fits their gameplay style best instead of which weapon is best.
· Character costumes and weapon models are fully customizable including items that are unlockable during gameplay.
· Players play both cooperatively and competitively all during the same game. To survive they must cooperate, but to win the match they must do so in the most stylish way.
STORY: Start you career in action movies as Hollywood’s newest action star! Pick your costumes, weapons and equipment and unlock more as you progress through your career by building fame and reaping its fortune. Film epic action sequences in exotic locals against a seemingly never-ending stream of bad guys. But watch out, your director likes to improvise on the set and may throw new challenges and goals to up the ante and make your scene the most over-the-top and over budget action sequence ever put to film. If you survive to the end you just might reap the rewards…